Hey, graduate students! We're guessing this whole covid business isn't what you thought you were getting when you started grad school. You probably saw yourself as spending hours, days, or weeks looking at sources from which you can create incisive analysis, or traveling to farflung locations to do research. But now you may be feeling apprehensive or discouraged about doing archival research in the age of covid. You also might be thinking that keeping yourself on track amidst everything else that's going on feels impossible.
So, what can we do about these problems? We can't open archives for you, or set your agenda for you, but we can provide you with some advice about how to do research online in the age of covid, and about how to organize that research once you've done it.
So join us on October 9 at 11:00am EDT to talk about doing research, tips and tricks for maximizing your time, and how to keep yourself organized from the very beginning.
Topics we'll cover:
- How to search for research materials online
- How to reach out to archivists
- How to photograph materials in an archive
- How to keep track of what you find in online and physical archives
- How to record the right information about your sources so you can use them later
- How to organize your sources so they make sense
When: October 9, 2020, 11:00am EDT
Who: The Tropy team + you!
Registration: Click here.
The webinar is free but registration is required. Questions? Email Abby Mullen, email@example.com.